Sales agents will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to make latrines a purchasing priority for
the target market, and to effectively link the supply chain and the end consumer.
By completing these training modules, the participants will:
1. Be able to describe the latrine products and options accurately, focusing on benefits versus
2. Be able to effectively use sales materials and tools.
3. The participants are able to coordinate with local authorities to organize sales activities in
order to meet sales targets.
4. The participants are able to convince their audience to order a latrine through effective
communication with the target audience, including understanding their problems related to
sanitation and helping them decide on a solution.
5. The participants are able to keep accurate and timely records of latrine orders and sales
activities and report them appropriately.
Specifically, topics covered in the classroom session include:
1. The product, focusing on benefits vs. features
2. What motivates people to buy latrines
3. How to sell a latrine (using sales tools)
4. Preparing for a sales event
5. Selling the product
6. Overcoming objections
7. Closing the sale
8. Reporting and planning
9. Practice! Practice! Practice!